The importance of modern slavery responsibility
K3 Business Technology Group PLC (and its group companies) (“K3”, the “Group” or “we”) recognise the role that all large corporations must play in the battle against human trafficking and slavery. We are committed to the protection of those vulnerable and take our statutory (and ethical) obligations seriously in this regard through our day to day operation.
About the K3 Group
K3 is a business technology group providing our retail, manufacturing and distribution customers with software solutions and related services. Headquartered in the UK, we operate from a number of locations across Europe and have a presence in the US and Singapore.
What we are already doing to prevent human trafficking and slavery
We have assessed the territories within which we carry out our business by reference to the Walk Free Foundation Global Slavery Index and identified that we generally do not operate in areas seen at high risk of force labour. In addition, the sector within which we operate is relatively low risk in respect of human trafficking and slavery.
We also have in place robust recruitment policies which include right to work checks and adhere to minimum wage obligations in each territory in which we have a presence.In the financial year ending 30 November 2017, we have:
- prepared further updates to our standard contracting procedures in respect of modern slavery and human trafficking
- carried out further risk assessments as appropriate in relation to our supply chain
Continuing our efforts – plans for 2017/2018 financial year
In the 2017/2018 financial year we plan to:
- carry out appropriate checks and risk assessments in respect of new territories we engage in;
- implement the update to our standard contracting procedures in respect of modern slavery and human trafficking;
- continue to work with key existing suppliers and partners in respect of their policies and practices for compliance, as appropriate
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015