The Solution Specialist is responsible for proposing specific SYSPRO solutions that fit within the customer’s business environment and business objectives and can be shown to address the customer’s business problems and exploit opportunities in a presale or key business solution. The Solution Specialist is able to understand customer business drivers and current IT environment.
The Solution Specialist is deployed operationally across multiple solution domains utilizing their broad knowledge of the SYSPRO solution portfolio to identify the components required to construct the most appropriate solution for the customer.
- Acts as an expert and evangelist in SYSPRO Applications and Technology
- Maintains up to date product and technical knowledge of the SYSPRO portfolio and roadmap for an industry and/or horizontal solution set via Product Management, Sales Enablement the SLC & Other Peer developments.
- Knowledge of one or more Industry sectors and is able to present solutions in an Industry context.
- Ability to decompose large complex problems into manageable pieces allowing communication on both business and technical levels.
- Skilled at presenting to C-level audiences focusing on demonstrating the business value of solutions rather than technical detail.
- Knowledge and experience in the application of SYSPRO Enablement engagement processes and tools.
- Knowledge of the important standards for business processes, information models and Specialist models generally applied in a core industry.
- Maintains awareness of IT Industry Specific frameworks and approaches.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of business drivers & typical customer needs within an industry.
- Designs, develops, documents and delivers solutions that meet client needs.
- Understands requirements, Leads discussions with clients around proposed value solutions.
- Determines solution approach, identifies a critical path and defines an appropriate solution roadmap with BDM.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with prospect and customer throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Ensures solution is practical and provides continuity in the implementation project.
- De-risks the customers investment from solution dilution in the S&OP process.
- Acts as the primary point of reference for envisaged solution.
- Experience in delivery of complex cross-pillar solutions utilizing SYSPRO & Ecosystem products.
- Challenges requirements to take advantage from the value-added provided by SYSPRO solutions.
- Manages changes to the solution due to change requests for proof of concept by reference.
- Ensures that the different solution pieces built by different teams are consistent by review.
- Actively ensures that design/development standards are upheld in presales.
- Implementation experience across all business process areas of Manufacturing, Distribution & Finance, HR, Integration, Mobility, Warehousing, Logistics, Procurement; or Manufacturing and Planning; or Customer Sales, Management; or Service and Rental
- Experience of several full successful project life-cycle implementations as Lead Consultant or Solution Specialist
- Conceptual knowledge of process mapping standards, workflow & integration methods & techniques
- Has applied IDEAL concepts in a project environment
- Significant customer-facing consulting experience with referenceable positive feedback
- Reliability and deadline-driven approach
- Strong organizational skills & time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication that effectively articulates complex ideas
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team but also self-motivated to maximise the use of any time
- Team player with the ability to build strong peer and interpersonal relationships at all levels
- Excellent problem solving and analytic skills
- Fluent in local language and English language is mandatory
- Presents well and according to the SYSPRO Direct Sales Methodology
- Willingness to travel nationally and throughout Europe but Manchester Office based.